Friday, August 21, 2009

Bummed? Or just hung over?


Kind of have a case of the Mondays, on a Friday. I went drinking last night with Evan and we got pretty drunk. I love going dancing. It's probably the one thing I like that's up there with sleeping. But there will be no dancing for me tonight. I cancelled and I feel bad there will be no Discotheque, but I need tonight to be as painless as possible. Especially since I threw up last night and this morning I had to tutor. It sucked being so tired, hungry, in pain, and still a little drunk. Can't believe I did that. Kinda unprofessional but I took it easy with the kid today.

Hunter S. Thompson doing what he did best. Besides journalism.
Photo courtesy of obit-mag.com (wow an online obituary?)

I told him we were relocating and we headed from the library over to a burger/mexican/everything restaurant. We ordered, sat down, and I asked him if he had come up with some brainstorming about the create your own movement project. Hunter S. Thompson is our hero in this discovery. We discussed Gonzo Journalism and how it became a movement. We got on to making a bubble connections chart and I asked him questions to get started because he didn't know where to start or what to make of this project. I'm pretty sure he knows I'm weird.

So, I tell him that every character on tv, in movies, cartoons, etc has specific qualities. Now, if we're those characters what qualities do we posess? I said what do you like to do? You seem pretty relaxed. The kid says, I like to go with the flow. I say, Ok, put flow down and put a circle around it. What's another thing? And we kept going back and forth thinking about qualities he has in himself that he might want to create a movement with. What a good idea. I didn't know I had it in me to create a project like that. At the end of the hour we were there sitting in the restaurant conversating and I looked at his bubble chart thingy where he wrote down ideas and I said you can make that into a poem. Well, it's kind of already a poem. And I asked him if he had ever written a poem or anything, ever. And he says no. Well, you have one right there, I said. He looked at me kind of like, cool, but like a weird huh agreement.

I lost the reason of why I'm talking about this. Oh yeah, I guess it was just something cool that happened today despite the hangover. We ended up going back to the library, plugged in the headphones into the computer, and watched flight of the conchords youtube videos for the rest of the hour. Fun. And I got paid today! But, I bought some Headband, so it's now a little less. But that's ok. It's a loss I'm willing to smoke! :) I guess the outcome of this whole blog was positive.

I ended up staying in bed all day smoking and watching the 1st season of this show "Party Down". It's great. I can't believe I finished a whole season. 2nd season isn't out yet. Now, to listen to the Jamiroquai discography...Jay Kay is so fucking hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment