Tuesday, September 8, 2009

John Lennon - Watching The Wheels

This song was at the very end scene of Funny People. Great movie. I love Adam Sandler's character. Seth Rogan too. Homeboys can act. As each movie tends to have a moral, this movie was about staying true to yourself. Going with your gut instinct and wearing your heart on your sleeve. Awkwardness and vulnerability. I would say this is a very dark romantic comedy. I enjoyed how serious of a portrayal Sandler had to become with the character. His performance blew me away because it made me think that he was trying to send a message out to people. Mostly about life and how we need to just sulk and then pick up the pieces. Find humor in the most bleakest of times. I definitely think that this movie is underrated by some of the friends I've spoken to. Also, Leslie Mann was a great actress to play alongside Sandler. And I'm not even taking into account that she's Judd Apatow's lady here. She played the underappreciated wife/mother/old flame character well. She showed heart and gave funny men on or over 40 a half-master, wink. I think her character should have left her asshole husband though. But then again, I didn't expect her to go with Sandler's character because she forgives cheaters, i.e. her husband. One last thing - I really love the faces Mann makes. She has these certain emotional reactions to things that no one else does. I'll have to find a photo still of one of the faces and post it up here. I dunno. I give this movie a rating of: It was worth the 186 minutes. The movie brought a tear to my eye and laughs. What else could be better?



No comments:

Post a Comment